Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Interview with Bryant A. Oliver



 


Thanks so much for being here today Bryant!



Hello everyone. Thanks for having me! 


When did you know that you wanted to be a writer?

 
That's a hard question to answer. I guess I could say I realized during my Junior-Senior year in high school. I had been writing a lot of poetry and song lyrics.  After doing a project for a class I started getting into writing new screenplays. A few years after I was in college I decided to take the poetry and song lyrics I had wrote and put them into a book and thus my first book "Starlight Memories a collection of poems and songs" was born.

What has been the most difficult part about being a writer?
 
Just writing. Sometimes I get excited about writing a new chapter and I start it but sometimes once I stop I get lazy and want to take a break from writing.
 

 
Who are your favorite authors?

Lindsay Avalon, J.K Rowling and Robert Frost.
 
What authors inspire you?
 
Well other than you I would have to say Lindsay Avalon, Rebecca Jane Lynch and Jennifer Blaney because each of you have kept working on your books and getting more and more ideas and I hope I can do the same.
 
I'm flattered. :) Are you a plotter or, panster when your writing?
 
I am a little of both because, though I know what is going to happen in the book I sometimes get an idea and change it.
 
What types of books do you like to read?
 
I am kind of weird because I like to read cookbooks but I also like to read manga and different magazines.
 
What do you like to do in your free time?
 
Well, I like to spend time with my friends, family and girlfriend, Listen/sing and dance to music, Make web shows, surf the web and play video games.
 
Where is your favorite place to vacation?
 
Well, I have two. One is Philadelphia, PA because me and my mom went there on vacation a lot to see family. b\But, I also like Myrtle Beach, SC because I enjoyed spending time with my family and girlfriend seeing the beach, going to a sushi restaurant and just having so much fun.
 
Why did you choose to write fantasy?
 
Because it takes you to another world and I like being able to take people to new worlds that I create and letting them meet the characters that I've created.
 
What has been the most fun part about writing your book?
 
Just working on the fight scenes and being able to tell the story my way.
 
What has been the hardest scene for you to write?
 
Well, I would say the scene where the hero's parents and sensei get murdered by one of the sensei's students. I knew that they were going to be killed but. it was still hard for me to write.
 
Do you have a favorite character?
 
At one point I would say I did. But, right now all the characters are my favorite. The three that stand out though would be Jason Lee, Kaen the falcon beast spirit, and Aimi Tsubasa.
 
How did you come up with the premise for Falcon X?
 
Well, I was on vacation years ago and me and my cousin had just finished watching Spiderman 2 in the theater. On the way home I came up with my own hero named Falcon X. As I got older I started to work on a screenplay for the hero and I wanted the hero to have help on his goal to save the world being inspired by the Japanese Super Sentai/Kamen Rider series, Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, and a few other comic, anime and video game characters and series.
 
Will Falcon X be part of a series?
 
I wasn't sure at first but I think it will be. I thought about making a new team of heroes that would be on earth and would have to team up with the heroes from Falcon X like the Japanese Super Sentai v/s series so that may happen.
 
If you could have any magical power, what would it be? Why?
 
I would have to have the power to control the weather because that way if it was too hot I could make it snow and if someone made me mad I could either blow them away or zap them with lighting.
 
What advice would you give to new writers?
 
To never give up. It maybe hard and people may criticize your writing but you can't give up because someone didn't like what you wrote. For everyone that didn't like it there are a few that love what you wrote.
 
What's next for you?
 
Well I am hoping to finish Falcon X and then I am restarting my web show Tribal Talk and maybe I'll work on my next book.
 
Is there anything else you want your readers to know?
 
Well I want to thank all of my friends, family and fans for supporting me and I hope that you will check out Falcon X when it comes out and for fans of The Tribe I hope that you will check out my web show Tribal Talk.
 
 
Thank you so much for being here today Bryant. Its been a pleasure having you on the blog. Be sure to check out his latest book, Falcon X Coming to you where ever E-books are sold May 20th 2014!  
 
 
                            
                                                                    Book Blurb:

 In the mystical land of Aniluna beast, spirit, and elements are one and the same. And, Jason Lee is just an ordinary guy. But, when an evil being is awakened who is bent on taking over Jason's home, he must become the hero known as Falcon X and save his world while at the same time, unlocking the secret of his destiny.



 
~ Meet Bryant A. Oliver ~
 
 

Author Bio:

Bryant Oliver is the author of  Starlight Memories a collection of poems and songs,  and is currently working on three books.  The poetry books Moonlight dreams light v/s dark more poems from the mind of Bryant Oliver and,  Celestial Visions.  He is also working on  the fantasy novel
Falcon X. He is also the creator and co creator of three web shows StrikefalconX’s Sound-off, Tribal Talk,  and Indie Tribe which he co created with his friend Luna Nightwyn. In his spare time Bryant loves to listen to music as well and sing and dance. He enjoys spending time with his friends and family but he also loves being a kid at heart. Bryant hopes that his books and the videos he creates will inspire others.

Author's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bryant-A-Oliver/30933393549?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment