Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teasers from my current WIP The Maiden's Curse



Bryce could feel his life slipping away. It became harder to breathe, the deeper his body went. He should have listened to his father. "The storm was too dangerous." He had said. But, Bryce loved danger. He enjoyed the thrill of a good storm. This time though, was different. As he blacked out, and let the ocean take him, Bryce prayed that his father wouldn't blame himself...

 As she began to lose hope, the man coughed up the sea water, opened his eyes and looked at her. Before she could flee, he pulled her down and took her breath away as his lips found hers. She tried to pull herself away but, this man stirred foreign feelings in her that she never knew of. As their lips parted he smiled at her.
"So, who are you? And how did I get here?"
"I saved you from drowning. That is all you need to know fisherman."


The tide began to call to me. But, I wasn't ready to return to the sea just yet. I felt at home here on the island with Bryce. As if sensing what was happening, he took my hand and held me close.
"Cara, don't leave yet. We've only just begun."
"But, the sea is calling. I can't fight it any longer."
"Then, allow me to bury you're seal coat. I promise not to use you. Your the one I've been searching for. I love you."


As he kissed me my heart seemed to flutter. I've never known such passion. He stirred things in me that I've never felt before. It was as if he was my rock and, I was his anchor. With just one touch he had a way of making my entire body shiver in anticipation of the pleasures he could give me. As the kiss ended he leaned in to me and said, " Cara, have you ever had sex on the beach?"
I shivered and shook my head.
"N..no."
He smiled playfully.

"Well, then let me give you a demonstration."
As I sat with Bryce as the tide was rolling in it suddenly donned on me that if I had to choose the sea over him, I'd choose him. He was everything that I could ever want. But, soon my father would come for me. He would force me to go back. To merry my betrothed. But, that isn't the life that I want. I want to be free to choose who I love. Maybe, my father would see reason.
Bryce held me close and kissed my forehead.
"You're pretty quiet tonight Cara. Is everything okay?"
"Yes, I'm just enjoying the time that I have with you. Thank you for today."
"Your not planning on leaving me anytime soon, are you?"
"I'm just wondering if this is real. Am I dreaming you up?"
"I'm as real as you are. This isn't a dream. Its real."

No comments:

Post a Comment